Monday, September 08, 2008

And they wonder why people hate them


Funny going to a skate park and seeing only skateboarders these days. Seems like everywhere we go in Seattle there’s a good mix of BMX dudes and a grip of scooter kids all mixing together. I never see roller bladders at any of these spots I take Milo too, that is until yesterday. We got done racing River Valley BMX down in Sumner. State finals are next weekend so we went for a “training race” then hit the Liberty Skate Park in Renton on the way home. I was tired as shit from getting brake checked in a corner by someone a few years my senior so my ass sat and observed wishing I had packed a 6’r to watch the show. All of a sudden Dude1 and Dude2 holding a tripod and good vid camera show up and set up shop. “Hmmm, these dudes must be serious” I say to myself. Dude1 is running a kit too. He definitely got pumped up that morning to get ready for this afternoons visit. Product was in hair, with his ½ doo rag, wife beater and Jordache designer denim fit nicely with the loosly laced eXtreme blades. I could tell he was serious from the ensemble that he was sporting and was going to throw down from all the stretching and noises he was making to get ready for the aerial assault that he was going to bless us with. Dude1 looks at Dude2, gives the signal to start filming and whips this rodeo 7ish thing off. Pretty rad, would of been radder if he had ski poles and ski's on but whatever, skater kids were actually giving him props till he started prancing around like a little fairy about shit. Milo says: “Dad you see that?” “Yea” “Pretty cool, but why’s he throwing a temper tantrum like a little kid does?” Milo, you know how a female dog is also known as a bitch?” “Yea Dad, that’s a bad word.” “Well that guy is also known as a female dog.” “You mean HE’S a bitch too?” “Yes son, he is.”

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Watch out dood:

    "...Pretty rad..."
    "...Pretty cool..."

    You just said that about rollerbladers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the guy that stole the show was really in the first 5 seconds...I mean seriously that was a killer move on the razor scooter, stole the show and my heart! God love Liberty Skate Park, I grew up 5 minutes away from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Fawk, you know you're old if you know what a Jordache is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordache, Calvin, Evisu, Diesel...fuck I don't know. The shit was queerer than a football bat. Thank GOD fightwear is the new rage. I like skullz and all over crazzzy shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 AM

    TapouT tight pants with giant logos would be sweet. I'sd rock one with a winter Emo sweater.

    ReplyDelete