Thursday, December 10, 2015

Alaskan Thunder Fuck


When I saw this movie in 1991, in the Sheraton in Steamboat Springs with a couple other snowboarders and a bunch of our skier friends and knew I had to go to AK some day.  The way that Dan Donnelly laid out back to back pow turns that flowed, it looked magical. 
I got to go to Valdez and actually fly with this pilot Chet in 1994 and then again in 95.  Then went back to AK, but this time to Haines in 2009. 
Next year I'll be fucking fifty years old and for the last 15 years it's been a dream to share this with my boys.  So I'm planning on going back up there April of 2017, with Kind Brother rounding out our party of four.  All because of this video back in 1991. 
Pretty rad to be so inspired by a ski and snowboard video called The Groove Requiem.  Find it, buy it, watch it, get stoked and book your own trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment