Monday, May 18, 2009

3 IS a charm

Up at 6:30AM, shower, shave and a final crap then off with a miserable demeanor to the hospital. I was definitely not looking forward to today. After the stable of Hispanic accented nurses asking me my name over a dozen times and me repeating back to them how to spell "John", my phone number, insurance, etc it was time. Doc comes in, we chat and for some reason I say, "sooooo if you get in there and things don't look as bad as you think, will you still do the micro fracture?" "Of course not." I have no idea why I said that but this whole drilling into the bones thing so they bleed had me tripping.
Dr. Anesthesiologist comes over and introduces himself as "DR. so and so." Wow guy your really stoked on your Dr. status huh? As most of them usually say, "hey I'm Jim, your anesthesiologist." Whatever though. Dude goes right into "so what do YOU do for a living?" "I grow weed." "Uh, really?" "No, I sell snowboards." "Hmmmm, yea I don't know about them snowboarders, they stand all sideways and can't see me when I'm coming down the mountain. I don't know, maybe snowboarders have bad things to say about skiers?" "Yea, it's gay. How about knocking me out and lets get this thing started OK?"
Doc didn't even ask me to count backwards and the next thing i know is I'm in a chair, ice on my knee and some flowers by my side. I was a little groggy but not sore, and something was not as it seemed. No real pain. Doc comes out in a bit, said things went good. Cleaned things up, pulled out the floating debris and DIDN'T have to do the micro fracture. "4-6 weeks you should be walking around fine." I limped out of there and the wife took me home to grill cheese and tomato soup, my post surgery ritual meal. Then a couple of vicoden, the computer, phone, leg elevated, ice, Spike TVs Ultimate Knockouts 1-6 and this stupid post.

11 comments:

  1. Great to hear it went good and damn grilled cheese and tomato soup is the best! Happy healing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shralp9:56 PM

    Get well soon. Bone drilling sounds rough, good that you could skip that part. You should look into getting a peg leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUPID POST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: first crocs and then them jawns = you should just turn this into a badburnerblog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a jawn's a joint.

    not to be confused with Prejean, into whom i'd like to stick my joint.

    a jawn, blud. AKA "check these JO's, these jawns are some bad ass burners blud"

    in general, though: jawn=joint=thing=piece=item

    use it everywhere, it has as many uses as "smurf"

    ReplyDelete
  6. lee durfee2:56 PM

    speedy recovery mang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:57 PM

    don't forget to drnk beer with your vics-maximize that high.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had two yesterday, stayed awake till 1AM. Sucked. Off drugs today. Might have been cause I watched some back to back Intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I grow weed"...haha! Glad to hear things went smooth. Enjoy some TV and I will catch you at Greenlake in a bit.

    ReplyDelete