Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm a fan!










Of the summer Olympics that is. The last two weeks, bed time has been past midnight as I’ve been glued to the tube. Stoked too, which I didn’t think I’d be as the X-Gaymes jade me pretty bad with all the eXtremo action. The swimming shit with Phelps was all time. I can see it now, kids will use Phelps name instead of Jordan’s to reference other sports greats. “Oh Travis Rice, that dude’s the Michal Phelps of Snowboarding.” Mark my words on that one. We were at the pool this weekend fucking off and there was a group of teens messing around dropping Phelps references left and right. The gymnastics have been pretty good, besides all the stupid drama that goes along with it. I’m glad we’re done with it to tell you the truth. It’s not that rad watching 16 year old muscle buns night after night but it is rad to watch the ladies track and field! Holy shit, I think I got wood when Susanna Kallur from Sweden ate shit on the first hurdle in the 100m event. God damn is she fine. Same with the Russian pole vaulting broad. Let’s see, she's ripped, in a bikini, gripping a pole like no other and launching herself over a bar??? I’m down. And Misty Mays bucket??? You got to love that there’s a blog dedicated to it. Are you kidding me the Jamaican runners? Shit that country must have discovered meth or something because the runners that they got out there cleaning house on the world ain’t smoking weed and running that fast. Tonight’s the night though. The start of the BMX. These tracks are gnar, with a capital G. This ain’t no Crew Jones Rad Track shit. This should be good. Real good.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    for real tho F that felchin Felps fool. I read that he listens to Weezy to pump up for his races, and I'm STILL not interested. He a bore.

    Chinese minigirls theme was kinda interesting...but almost not really...

    Trampolining was on last night, that pretty much kills gymnastics. It was like ADD floor excercise AKA this is the 90s get with the programme, just banger banger ender hammer all right in a row. Hyper shit.

    But now beemers is tomorrow (or tonight? or three days ago? how can you tell?), making me wish I had cable teevee...hopefully Bob Costas will drop a SouthWoods reference...

    PingPong, BMX, it's like my whole 6th grade is now an Olympic sport!

    Cap_Iller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 PM

    From your history, I see a silver medal.

    ReplyDelete