Tuesday, April 23, 2013

FOUND!

I've been on the man hunt for a Joyride Joni Mak 159 for over a year and a half.  Last year we were talking and he said that he wished he still had one cause he'd like to actually still ride it.  "No problem" I said.  "I can find you one on E-Bay, Vintage Snowboard Trader and or Craigslist in a week.  Easily."
In November I got a lead of one at a swap meet in Boise Idaho from HCSC head digger and collector extrodinare Cory Mac.  Which I pulled the trigger to late and came up short.
Then, once again Cory hit me up and let me know that there was one in Portland.  A quick text to Polar's Bildo and $40 later he snatched it up from a unknowing dude who wanted to just clean out his cellar. 

6 comments:

  1. How many hamburgers is Bildo charging for his labor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had that same board. Nice..

    Wasn't the 3 trees supposed to mean something evil or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REMEMBER DREX HAVING THIS BOARD
    AS I RECALL, THE WORD FOR TREE IN WHATEVER SPACE LANGUAGE THE DUDE SPOKE IS THE SAME FOR SIX AND SO IT WAS SIX SIX SIX
    NO?
    WHATEVER
    I REMEMBER THE REMEMBERER

    GREAT JOB ACQUIRING WORTHLESS MID-SCHOOL JUNK
    GREAT JOB TO ALL INVOLVED

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Its joanie not joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. "the type of a tree that I always had on the graphics is in Finnish "kuusi" and kuusi also means number 6. And there was always 3 tress. I wish I could say that this was planned, but it wasnt. I think Aleksi Vanninen pointed it out after my second or third model." joni

    ReplyDelete