Monday, August 11, 2008

First Loser










This was hell weekend. 242 miles driving to 3 BMX tracks in 2 days for 3 state races. For what too??? To try and get a little WA icon on the side of your number plate with a single digit number that shows how you rank in your age class. Wow. “Dude, I’m like 15th fastest dude in Washington!” “Oh yea in Cruiser class.” “Oh and yea in 41-45 cruiser.” “Uh yea uh there’s 17 dudes total that race in the class.” Impressive to say the least when you really break it down. I was stressing because you need 3 races to try and get a number and with last weekends fuck up, this weekend was due or die for me. My kid was good but for me it had to roll smoothly, which hasn’t been the case this season. I haven’t been “IN” a race since last Septembers state race finals seeing how I had a little problem with my knee back in May. Then surgery in June. Recovery in July and now attempting to get everything in during one weekend in August? Plus the fact that I had it in the back of my mind the whole time, “just don’t crash, winters a couple of months away” which is pussy shit and not conducive to good finishes. Anyway short story long…we went north to Craig Kelly’s home town, Mt. Vernon on Saturday, south to Sumner on Sunday morning then back north in the afternoon to Everett for the evening. Milo made every main, which he was lucky to do seeing how all I’ve been doing is fucking with his bike these days. Changing gears, handlebars, pedals and what not. Being “that Dad” that won’t just run what you bring so he never gets used to shit. And me, I finished bitch to someone each race. First looser, which I was kind of psyched on except for the fact that yesterday I got schooled by Mtn. Bike guy. This meat head that races a converted hard tail mountain bike with 26” wheels and a shock up front. The dude is all over the place too. Getting beat by that set up would be equal to entering a slope style or half pipe contest and having some dude with a pony tail, hard boots and an asymmetrical race board school your ass. So at the end of the weekend we drove 242 miles in a GMC Suburban that gets 15 miles to the gallon, gas at $4 a gallon…that would be $64.53 in gas. Plus $20 a race time 3, times two people would equal $120 in race fee’s. Roughly $200 bucks spent for 3 $5 2nd place trophies that will get broken by the end of the week. Yea, that was TOTALLY worth it.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59 AM

    is that a silver bullet the little guy is pounding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean THE silver bullet that is legal to drive with, operate heavy machinery with and Dr's allow pregnant women to drink??? You betcha. There's got to be some reward at the end of a ruff weekend riding kids bikes in a sandlot with other grown men that address you by dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Dude.

    is there still that haunted house in Sumner? I went to that track once as a yute, and seen my first ever backflip on a bicycle. some sort of Pit Of Death jump where they'd G out (bike-style, not 2Pac-style) and boost vertical to flat like kids jumping out of a skatebowl style.

    ...but yeah, dude, we went into the abandoned haunted mansion that same day, a first for that too... Haunted mansion.

    yeah right, like there's still an abandoned haunted mansion, 20+ years later ahahahahahaa nevermind

    ...whattup with Sumner these days? I'm thinking strip-malls and Targets and Costco's and cable teevee?

    -Unabomber, OUT-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:37 PM

    ps they really let converto mtn bykes in that?

    comeon blud

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like Mac's enjoying a mellow coors light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about haunted houses and shit there, or pits of death, but there are a bunch of people with tooths in their mouth. Not teeth, but tooths.

    Converto jumper bikes make their way in now and then. The kicker was that dude was running Oakleys and them shants eXtremo North Shore pants. He actually wasn't that bad of a guy in the parking lot, on the track he was a squirrel. A squirrel that kicked my ass but still a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Was his name Brock? If so...next time you see him..tell him I canned his slut of a girlfriend. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Malkoski's are UberAthletes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:20 PM

    next time you better be givin milo a jager bomb chief

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Like my name is Brock and I'm working on my shiftys for this winter! That guy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Yeah.....Talk the pizza delivery dude. She loved to get her jar cracked.

    ReplyDelete