Friday, August 15, 2008

Euphoria Riding Technologies









When I think of board sports in the South, the thoughts of Brewce Martin and Skatopia always come to mind. Just a place where the law runs from the people. Well, when I got this email from our man in the Southeast the other day the first thing I thought was man this is gonna be interesting. “My man Patrick Kavanagh hand makes his own snowboards up in the hills of West Virginia... Crazy. He sells them retail basically from his shop, where he hand makes his boards. He wants to sell 'em complete with bindings this season.”
Being a fan of independent companies, I was stoked on this and was trying to picture the banjo, gun totin, 4 wheel drive type of graphics that would be on the deck, so I asked for a sampling.
I'm actually keeping the initial graphics pretty simple - just the logo but I have a buddy working on a white tail (deer) skull logo that I'm pretty pumped about.”
BINGO I thought. Nailed this one on the head, till I opened the pictures. Damn. Euphoria Snowboards looking good. Still he’s running this quote on the decks, makes me feel like we got close with our assumption.
"Handmade in West By God Virginia"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Thought you should know Pat was killed in a car accident on 12/7/08 in Morgantown WV. He was a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:17 PM

    thanks for the good guy comment. Pat was a good friend of mine. He really was the best guy i have ever met. always concerned of the health of others rather than himself. and Pats boards are sick! I have one and its of course on the wall now. but when it was in the line of duty, that whip killed it!

    ReplyDelete