Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The next Sean Wite?


We spend a lot of “family time” on the hill doing what ever the hell the kids want to do. Park laps, pow runs, all over. It doesn’t matter, it’s ripping around the hill, quality talk time on the lift with the little guys, and to me it’s all good. With all the time on the hill, the boys are getting some skills. We’ll pull in the park and you hear some dumb ass go “dude that kids the next Sean Wite!” I cringe when I hear that too. “Next Mr. Wite, no way guy, hopefully he’s the next Temple Cummins.” Nothing against Sean and all, but the last thing I’d hope for my kids is to be all Hollywood Lindsey Lohan train wreck style. My college roommate just came out for a shred and brought his 11 year old. He explained it best why he doesn’t have his kid ski race training. “Everything’s a competition these days for kids. School, soccer, basketball, DS games, BMX, peer groups and whatever else they do. It would be nice to keep this family style fun just that. Fun." I like that thought. No training days, no up tight soccer dad or anything like that. Just riding for the sake of putting a smile on little guys face while being outside doing things. I end up making these little shred vids because I enjoy it and it’s easy, not to attract any “future” sponsors or crap like that. It’s cool for me to film the progression of a 7 year old, especially one so stoked on shredding. We brought his best friend up with us on Friday. Half way to the hill his buddy and little brother were tired and were over it. Once we got to the cabin, we dropped them off and motored up to the lifts. He dumped his best friend for shredding. I was pretty damn stoked, until he said “hey Dad, why don’t YOU board slide the C-Box?” Little shit, go do your homework.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is ripping! My youngest asks me all the time why I dont spin 1080, I just say cause I am too old son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:44 PM

    yeah yo... we got to get that youngster filming in the back country for bald e-gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's been riding some lines lately. Dude followed me into some shit a week ago. Got hung up upside down in a tree well too. His pow riding is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Tailpress tailgrabs? That is my favorite trick. He's got his own steez. A leader already. Don't let him watch Superbad.

    ReplyDelete